Thursday, November 10, 2011

Her Recipe: A side of fries

I am not a huge fast food person. Perhaps in comes from not REALLY knowing what it is in the meat patties, or that the Super Size Me guy really got to me, but I always pack snacks for road trips instead of hittin' up the drive-thru. However, I do have one weakness. I love fries. 

If I am ridiculously stressed, nothing sounds better than a large fry with a vanilla milk shake on the side. During finals season, I can't even go near the burger joint in the student union because I would create a new potato famine by robbing them of all deep friend spuds. Healthy recipe blogs showed me a quick and healthy solution to my junk food weakness.

PARSNIP FRIES!
I know it sounds weird, but parsnip fries are the epitome of delicious yet nutritious, and they are really easy to make:

First take your parsnips and peels them
Then you cut them into fry wedge shapes and put them on a oven sheet. Brush them with olive oil then sprinkle them with seasoning I personally like to mix Italian seasoning with a bit of sea salt.
Once they are seasoned cook up them in the oven at 420 degrees for about 20 minutes, flipping them halfway through and in the end...
ENJOY
Trust me, they taste awesome! Especially as a side dish. This recipe also works for big carrots, rutabagas, and sweet potatoes. So you can eat your fries and have your waistline too!

1 comment: