Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Her Fashion: Fall Essentials

Fall and I have a love/hate relationship. I hate Fall because I know that Boston's cruel unrelenting Winter is just around the corner. I love the Fall because it's my favorite time for fashion. As soon as the leaves change I bust out the boots, the scarves and the sweaters with an EEK of excitement. There are so many outfit choices to mix and match but I always love finding new ideas. So I asked my very fashionable friends to throw together their favorite Fall outfits to showcase some trends and fun ideas for my favorite season!





Kelsey chose an adorable sweater over a striped top with simple jeans and boots. This is a great way to look cute for a day of classes on a slightly chillier day. Also pairing longer shirts with sweaters is a great way to utilize your closet and make different outfits with what you have. 















Reily chose to pair a flowing floral top with black jeans and mid-calf  leather boots. This outfit is great for going out at night or going to dinner with friends. The loose fitting tops are a really popular trend and they're are lots of ways to wear them. But pairing them with a tighter bottoms like skinny jeans is a great way to keep your shape. Pairing that top with a loose skirt could potentially make you completely lose your waist.




Jenny is sporting an adorable bright red trench coat with jeans and brown boots. Trenches and red are huge trends right now, so this combines the best. This outfit is great for walking around the city on a windy day. And the red compliments the beautiful fall foliage.



Vanessa is wearing a great dress. Again we have the stripe trend and the skirt/shirt looking dresses are really popular. These are great because they cut at the waist which helps give the body a great shape. And because she has a simple chain necklace which just gives a little accent. This ensemble would be perfect for looking cute at your internship.




Hannah is wearing my favorite trend for Fall-- a colorful scarf! Having a solid color sweater with a multi-color scarf helps you make tons of outfits. Hannah's light purple sweater matches the dark purples and blues in the scarf. She could also pair this scarf with a black, blue or cream sweater.
Vanessa was kind enough to do a second outfit. This time she has on a more casual outfit that's great for doing errands. The color blocking in her shirt is very trendy right now and goes great with the dark wash skinny jeans. These shirts also look great with a dark brown leather jacket for those colder Fall nights.














And the great thing is that since these are college girls on a budget like the rest of us, these aren't clothes that you can't find or afford. I picked some essentials  from their outfits and found similar pieces online at affordable prices.
Steve Madden boots at DSW




Brown boots are especially great for fall colors. Lighter leather brown like Reily's  with a slight heel are a bit dressier  














Jenny's suede flat boots are more casual and better for walking around.






Zigi Soho at DSW.co





And the boots below are slightly darker ankle boots. These are great for darker jeans or even leggings pairs with a long shirt or skirt












A shirt like Reily's fun floral top perfect for a night out can be found at Forever21










A trench like Jenny's red delicious coat can be found at Target










A simple yet elegant necklace like Vanessa's can be found at Wet Seal











And a colorful scarf like Hannah's perfect for juicing up and outfit can be found at H&M





So those are some of my fabulous friends' fabulous fall essentials!

What are your Fall favorites right now?

12 comments:

  1. I absolutely adore fall fashion as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you posted where to get versions of all these clothes. I'll definitely keep an eye out the next time I go shopping :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all the new outfit ideas! Can't wait to try them all out for fall!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Obsessed with the red trench coat. I want one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with you on the bittersweetness of fall - I love to unpack the scarves and sweaters, but I will soon wish for shorts weather again! This fall, I'm wearing my ballet flats as long as I can manage. But, your boot selections will be totally helpful when I have to break down and bundle up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WANT THOSE STEVE MADDEN BOOTS..shoppppping

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm in love with those mid-calf leather boots. I've been thinking about getting some fall boots and those are my new inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  8. ahhh i love fall fashion! and all of these outfits! i definitely need a new pair of boots though so I'm going through all of those suggested sites haha

    ReplyDelete
  9. From now on I am going to refer to my trench as my Red Delicious Coat. Fantastic job on the blog so far!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great idea! Love how you posted where to find these great outfits on the cheap. Too bad you didn't have a certain DC friend to model...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! Great outfits being modeled by some fabulous girls :) Love Hannah's scarf and Jenny's red coat!

    ReplyDelete