Thursday, October 27, 2011

Her Recipes: Smoothie Sailing

When I first started reading healthy blogs, I noticed that many of them were fans of smoothies. Now I have always loved smoothies and milkshakes but I never could have guessed that any of them had would have any nutritional value. The most popular smoothies are breakfast smoothies that use, believe it or not, Spinach.

What.. the...Popeye? Spinach? For breakfast!? Yeah that's what I thought. Spinach is one of the best things in the world for a person, it has Vitamin A, B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, Folate, E, C, K--basically the whole nutrition alphabet. But no one wants to drink Spinach for breakfast. The main recipe I found is called the Green Monster:
The green monster has a lot different recipes, all loosely the same but here is mine:
2 Handfuls of Spinach
1 Cup of Light chocolate Silk Soy Milk
2 Cups of Regular Soy Milk
1 Tbspoon of Better N' Peanut Butter
1 Full Banana
4 Frozen Strawberries
Blend it all together and enjoy!
Smoothies are a college girls best friend. They were super quick to make, really filling and you can eat them on the go. A lot of times I make a few batches of them and store them and then I have a quick breakfast every morning already prepared and I can drink it on-the-go to class.

Here is a list of my favorite bloggers and all of their healthy smoothie recipes:

1 comment:

  1. This is so great! I love spinach because it's also really good for your skin. Thanks for the great recipe! I'm gonna make it tomorrow lol.

    ReplyDelete